Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Let the Girls out



I let the girls out yesterday and they had a good day. They did not get in the flowers and stay away from the garden. They took care for all the bugs and other things that are out there. They have been so good. We get about 6 to 9 eggs a day they have been on vacation for the last mouth. They were laying 19 eggs ad day, I have 20 hens and 2 roos. The one in this pitcher is Jasper he is the lover out of the 2 roos Buster is the bully. They are 1 year old to day. I got them when they was 3 days old and they have grown a lot the 2 roos are about 7 to 8 pounds, and the hens are from 4 to 6 pounds each.

They are so funny if any thing flew over they will all run under the peach tree and stand looking up but mum is not far looking out for them, Minxs thinks she is there mum she has been watching out for them from day one. She will lay around watching them and if a stray dog comes in the yard she will run it out. They let her come in the coop and lay around. They are soo funny.
Got to go now and see what I can do to day from a sitting down. Not what I would like to do but if I stay good (please God help me) I might get to work out side today . By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment